Part Exchange Your Car
PART EXCHANGE YOUR CAR WITH DCC
At DCC we want to take the hassle out of buying a used car. And we realise that the car you are buying from us may not be your first car. So why not part-exchange your current car and make things easy on yourself? Simply upload the important details about your car to get an instant guaranteed valuation online. It only takes a few minutes and can save you time and money. Then you can continue driving your old car right up to the minute you take delivery of your new one.
You can choose to drive to collect your new car in person or we will deliver it to your door and take away your old vehicle (no tearful goodbyes though please, our drivers get emotional very easily!).
PART EXCHANGE YOUR CAR IN THREE EASY STEPS
How does part exchange work with DCC?
Step One - Browse all our used cars for sale online and use our handy valuation form to request a valuation for your existing vehicle.
Step Two - Either accept our online valuation or, if you think we have missed something, request a call-back from one of our valuation experts.
Step Three - That’s it! Drive your old car in to collect your new one in person or let us deliver the new car to your door and we’ll take away your old vehicle at the same time. Simple.
HOW MUCH IS MY CAR WORTH IN PART EXCHANGE?
You can use our online tool to request a valuation, or if you prefer, pop in or contact our team to arrange a part exchange valuation in person.
You can part-exchange your current vehicle against one of our used cars for sale in our branches in Southampton, Fareham, or Waterlooville. Each vehicle is prepared to AA-approved standards and with a minimum six months MOT and six months warranty.
THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN PART EXCHANGING YOUR CAR
When you bring your car in for part-exchange valuation don’t forget the following:
- Make sure you have all the correct paperwork for the vehicle
- Check the MOT date, cars with longer test renewal dates may be worth more
- Clean and tidy cars tend to get higher valuations
- If you know of a fault on the car it may be worth getting a quote for repair in advance - the repair may come to less than the discount on the part exchange
When you bring your car in for part-exchange don’t forget to bring the following with you:
- All ownership and history documentation including logbook (V5), MOT certificate, and all service paperwork
- Bring any outstanding finance documentation or confirmation that finance
- Bring all keys and fobs for the vehicle including any spares
PART EXCHANGE MY CAR ON FINANCE
Want to change car but you still have finance left to pay? No problem, simply contact the finance company and request written confirmation of the amount required to settle your current agreement. We will then build this settlement figure into the deal on your new car by giving you a fair part exchange price which also takes care of your outstanding finance.